Volunteering with Citizens Advice Bureau is an interesting and rewarding way to ‘give back’ to the Western Australian community. Our volunteers come from diverse backgrounds – but the thing they have in common is their strong desire to help others, their ability to communicate clearly and concisely, their great customer service skills and their computer skills.
What do our volunteers actually do?
A typical day in the life of one of our volunteers includes time on the phone, answering queries from our clients and booking appointments for our legal team. They also spend time talking to clients face to face on our reception desk, handling cash and providing information and referrals.
Watch the video below to find out more about the volunteer roles and exciting work our volunteers do.
- Send your expression of interest to Elena Mauen, Volunteer Manager
- Receive a response and possibly an invitation to attend an interview
- Spend some time in the office to observe
- Get rostered and receive mentoring
- Attend formal training ( two days in the Perth office or South West location)
Pro bono lawyers & mediators
Lawyers who hold a practising certificate and would like to provide pro bono services can contact the Principal Solicitor, Selva Stenross
Accredited mediators can email Donna Quinn, Mediation Coordinator, to enquire about volunteering opportunities.